Albino red tail shark has a odd white spot by her tail fin

Fluidmotion1987

Hello all fellow fish parents. I have an albino red tail shark and today noticed an odd white spot down by her tail fin? I will attach some photos below. Any and all help is greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20210817_190720.jpg
    20210817_190720.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 24

A201

Difficult to determine from the pic, but the issue might be an abrasion w/ fungus attached. The white blotch looks raised, consistent w/ fungus.
Worst case scenario, bacterial infection.

Fluidmotion1987

Difficult to determine from the pic, but the issue might be an abrasion w/ fungus attached. The white blotch looks raised, consistent w/ fungus.
Worst case scenario, bacterial infection.
Ok thank so much will api melafix work to treat that? She's in with 5 Buenos Aires tetras but she is the boss of the tank and even has certain spots for each tetra so I don't think they would have bit her possibly a rock decoration I have in her tank could have cut her

A201

Melafix acts like a mild disinfectant & might be helpful. Hope things get better soon.

awilkinson871

I have an albino rainbow shark and it has the same thing. It is just part of the natural markings. If there is no fuzzy growth than you should be fine.

Chiasmodon

Hello all fellow fish parents. I have an albino red tail shark and today noticed an odd white spot down by her tail fin? I will attach some photos below. Any and all help is greatly appreciated
For me.. it looks like ich. It looks similar to what happened to the tetra I just bought last week. I treated the fish with high temperature (86-88 F) and daily water change (30%) and now the manifestation is gone. but some strains of ich are resistant to the temperature of 86F. I believe 88 to 90 F can surely kill them, but Im just a beginner myself, and im just sharing how it fixed my problem, so correct me if im wrong.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kcaskew
Replies
Views
Kass472
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views