Albino Pleco Eggs

hisfishroommyfish

My albino Pleco pair laid eggs. The male has been in a spawning cave fanning the past two days. However, I came down tonight to find eggs on the floor of the tank. He's still fanning some in the cave. Any idea what happened?

AcornTheBetta

hisfishroommyfish said:
My albino Pleco pair laid eggs. The male has been in a spawning cave fanning the past two days. However, I came down tonight to find eggs on the floor of the tank. He's still fanning some in the cave. Any idea what happened?
Maybe a new parent mistake? IDK if this happens with plecos, but I have heard of it happening with other fish. DarkOne?

hisfishroommyfish

AcornTheBetta said:
Maybe a new parent mistake? IDK if this happens with plecos, but I have heard of it happening with other fish. DarkOne?
I took the fallen eggs & put them into an egg tumbler. I guess we'll see if they make it or not.

DarkOne

The male can kick out some or all of the eggs if he gets spooked. I took the cave and shook out all the fry as soon as they hatched and put them in a Marina breeder box. You can put the eggs in a tumbler or breeder box with good flow to prevent fungus.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom