Albino Platy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jools :), Mar 22, 2010.

1. J

Jools :) New Member Member

Hi everyone, I discovered 2 days ago that one of my platies gave birth to an albino baby! ;D Does anyone know if this is common or are they a rare?...I can`t seem to find any information about albino platies.

2. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

I've never heard of them, but is there a way you can post pics? I know they're small, but it sounds really cool.

3. OP
    OP
    J

I`ll try to take a decent pic and post it but it`s so tiny that I`m not sure how well you`ll be able to see him!..he`s very cute!.

4. Meenu

Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

welcome to fl, jools

5. OP
    OP
    J

512.jpg

OK,here is my little albino platy baby swimming with his 2 brothers/sisters! :) Sorry the quality isn`t too good but it gives you an idea of how he looks. Unfortunately it doesn`t show his pink eyes too well.

6. bolivianbaby

bolivianbaby Fishlore Legend Member

Actually, from the picture, it does look like he has pink eyes.

That is so awesome! Thank you so much for sharing him with us. I've never seen that before in my life. Good luck with him and please post pictures as he grows.

7. platy ben

platy ben Well Known Member Member

Awesome!
    If I were you I would grow him up and then let him/her breed with another plty, you might get more albinos from that :D

8. OP
    OP
    J

:DThanks! I`ll make sure I post regular pics as he starts to grow! :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice