110 Gallon Tank Albino Oscar seems to be peeling?

csund7863

Aquarium has been up and running since December '09, originally a new larger home for my Tiger Oscar. Last month I added a standard 2' Oscar from a reputable fish store, last week I added a 4" Albino Oscar from the same store.

The Albino's skin seems to be peeling, not in one piece like a snake but more so like dried dead skin peels off. The other fish are showing no signs.

They all eat HikarI Cichlid Gold with occasional frozen bloodworms and brine shrimp. The Tiger Oscar I ocassionally feed crickets and frozen peas, he gets bored of pellets and doesn't care much for chasing tiny bloodworms and shrimp.

0 ppm Ammonia
0 ppm Nitrite
10 ppm Nitrate

I change around 5 gallons of water daily after feeding at night to clean up poop/food waste. I have a 55 gallon barrel of water with air pump/power head that I pull water from, its aged but I still treat with stress coat before adding water to tank (55g -> 5 gallon bucket -> tank.) I usually do not disturb gravel to much daily just get the stuff off the top, but do bi-monthly gravel vacs.

Tank has 3 pcs of large bog wood and asst. silk plants. Tiger oscar detroyed previous live plants and usually keeps the silk plants "uprooted" as fast as I can place them.

Any ideas? I already added stress coat and am contemplating using melafix. I don't have a quarantine tank but have a rubbermaid tub and a spare penguin bio-wheel 150... bad idea?

Nick G

HI csund. Welcome to Fishlore. Any chance you could post a pic? It'll make identifying the problem a lot easier.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
goporcupine
Replies
Views
Kelleykelley23
Replies
Views
Fae
Replies