Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes that would be fine but I would put three in stead of 2. The larger the group the better they do.
Carol

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
OK thanks for the input. I actually ended up getting 3 Emerald Green Corys. They are soooo cute! One of them has almost no tail... wondering if it'll grow back? I named them Bitsy (because it has almost no tail), and the others are Ray and Shirley (lol). Just random names

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Also is it ok if they eat only tropical flakes? I also have these "mini sticks", they are filled with really good stuff like brine shrimp, krill, etc. Dont have the can right in front of me right now.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Most emerald Corys are not really corys they are brochis splendens. Corys will pick up the odd flake that hits the bottom but that isn't a good all the time food. The sticks sound like they will be perfect. They also like the occasional veggie wafer. a variety makes sure they get all th vitamins and minerals they need. good luck.
Carol

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Butterfly said:
Most emerald Corys are not really corys they are brochis splendens. Corys will pick up the odd flake that hits the bottom but that isn't a good all the time food. The sticks sound like they will be perfect. They also like the occasional veggie wafer. a variety makes sure they get all th vitamins and minerals they need. good luck.
Carol
Ok, thank you very much. It seemed like the guy at PetCo knew less about the fish than I did! Petsmart was muuuuuuuuuch better. The mini-sticks also have (not brine) Shrimp and kelp in them as well. We originally bought them for the Ghost Catfish but they refuse to eat them. They dont sink well so I am going to soak them in tank water until the fall down to the bottom of a dish and then feed. That way the other fishies don't get to them! I was also going to pick up some Ghost Shrimp yesterday but they were $0.49 at petco! At PetSmart they are 33 cents. So I am waiting to go to petsmart to get them. I think my fish will like to eat them.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes your fish may eat the ghost shrimp but if not they are a cool addition to your tank
Try feeding the sticks after lights out so the corys will be sure and get some
Carol

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I actually feed all my fish in dim lights, because thats the only way my Ghost cats will eat or even come out of hiding. But i will feed (the cories) in the DARK this time, not dim light. Thanks again for your help

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I also have salt in my tank, 1 TBSP to 6 gallons, is this a problem? I have heard mixed opinions.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yes it is a problem, especially for the Corys. Theres not anything in your tank that needs salt. If you decide to remove the salt do it gradually. Just don't add salt to the replacement water when you do water changes.
carol

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
OK, thank you. I will do that. The PetSmart lady said my Silver dollars HAD to have salt or they would die! It was cheap so I picked some up and added it. Thanks for shedding some light on this. Do Gourami's and Tetras have to have salt?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Nope theres nothing in there that need salt
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom