Albino Corydoras laying eggs

1. AmazonPassion

AmazonPassion Moderator Moderator Member

I first thought she had a tumor growing then noticed it was an egg cluster. This is one of several clutches that I recorded on my phone. You can see her deposit the eggs on the anubias leaf and on the tank wall.

[video=youtube_share;ynX8dOhYPtI]http://youtu.be/ynX8dOhYPtI[/video]

2. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

That was a really cool video AP. :;thx for sharing it, I'd never seen them deposit the eggs before.

3. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Great video!

I love how they hold the eggs between their fins.

4. OP
    OP
    AmazonPassion

Yeah me too. I always thought they had one egg at a time. My sister was helping me get the eggs. She was keeping the Angel fish at bay while I collected the eggs on the anubias and java leaves.

The eggs I collected are currently being held in a nursery box.

5. p

plecodragon Well Known Member Member

Cool video. My bronze cories were breeding like mad today also. Laying hundreds of eggs all over the tank walls. My others fish were having a feast as I am not collecting eggs right now.
    Bronze, peppered,(albinos of those two types)of cories tend to spawn hundreds of eggs usually 10-20+ eggs at a time over several hours
    Panda, weitzmani, juli tend to spawn around 20-100 eggs, usually less depending of size of female- 1 egg at a time over several hours.
    Good luck with your eggs.

6. c

catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

That's a great video! Good luck raising the fry.

7. A

AlanGreene Well Known Member Member

such healthy looks albino corries, a fantastic video

8. Matt B

Matt B Well Known Member Member

Thats even cooler it happened while she was still in town, already made an angel wrangler out of her! :;laughing

9. amber0107

amber0107 Well Known Member Member

Congratulations!! My albino does multiple eggs at once but my false jullii only does one. Much more efficient to do multiples! Good luck raising the fry!

10. monkeypie102

monkeypie102 Well Known Member Member

Ugh i hate you AP lol... my albinos won't breed...

11. OP
    OP
    AmazonPassion

Dont worry, I felt the same way with Ambers "More Eggs" updates..then one day...I caught them in the act.

12. OP
    OP
    AmazonPassion

Update: Out of all the eggs I saved, I only have 1 fry (30 eggs). The rest of the eggs grew some fungus on them.

13. amber0107

Did you have an air stone near them? Wish I could send you some of my eggs!

14. OP
    OP
    AmazonPassion

No. I put the breeder box directly in the path of the outflow of my filter. I thought none survived because majority of the eggs were covered in fungus so I lifted the box and found one (very cute). I hope they lay eggs again.

15. amber0107

I tried that once before with little luck. My handy hang-on breeder that uses an air pump worked great for hatching eggs but not for raising fry. Hope you get some more eggs soon!

16. OP
    OP
    AmazonPassion

I might try to get one of those then. I think I needed more circulation.