Albino Corydoras Laid Eggs

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Lostfish, Apr 20, 2018.

1. LostfishNew MemberMember

I just found some corydoras eggs they picked the worse spot to lay them for me to get too on the back of my filter tube had to all the tubes off to fit my finger back there to get then and they was also all over the glass and a fake plant I got about 15-20 eggs I put them in a breeder box with a air stone should they be ok like that

2. Discus-Tang

Discus-TangWell Known MemberMember

3. OP
    OP
    L

LostfishNew MemberMember

I got a heater but that's it I am sure they will spawn again if this doesn't work out I heard that some may hatch I am not trying to hatch alot just a few would be ok for me

4. OP
    OP
    L

LostfishNew MemberMember

Ok I put that reply up went to check on them found about 20 more same spot

5. mattgirl

mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

Once your cory's start laying eggs there's no stopping them. It is very possible that you will soon start seeing itty bitty corys hiding out in your tank.

When mine first starting laying eggs I was so excited. I rescued some of them, hatched them and watched them grow. Before long though I started seeing fry in my main tank. I am now over run with corys.

My little girls lay eggs all the time now. I scrape off all I find to make it easier for all the fish, even the ones that lay them, to feast on them. Even then I still see a new little guy from time to time and before I know it that little one is out foraging with the adults. It is adorable seeing how brave they are :)

6. phantom

phantomValued MemberMember

congrats :) :) :)

7. mattgirl

mattgirlFishlore VIPMember

This thread Raising cory fry was where I learned what to do and how to do it when I discovered my very first cory eggs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice