Albino Corydoras Catfish Eggs?

Wynnie36

About an hour ago I first noticed a batch of eggs laid on the sides of my tank. I have two albino cory cats that I didn't think would be laying any eggs. If possible, I'm open to raising them and keeping a few.

Are these eggs fertilized? If so, when can I expect them to hatch? (AKA how much prep time do I have?) If this matters, the water parameters are KH: 120ppm, GH: 30ppm, and pH: 7.5.

*there are more eggs, the female laid them in three different areas.

Attachments

• Cory Eggs 1.jpg
    Cory Eggs 1.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 15

mattgirl

I don't know if they are fertilized or not but I do know both the corys that lay them and any other fish or snails in the tank will eat them. If you want to hatch them I recommend putting them in a hatchery. If fertile you will probably start seeing wigglers within 3 or 4 days.

this thread helped me out the first time I collected cory eggs Raising cory fry | Corydoras Forum | 204003

eggs are easier to collect if you find some on a plant leaf. Just break the leaf off and put it in the hatchery. I have found we are less likely to experience any fungus on the eggs if we don't expose them to air at any time while we are moving them.

Wynnie36

I don't know if they are fertilized or not but I do know both the corys that lay them and any other fish or snails in the tank will eat them. If you want to hatch them I recommend putting them in a hatchery. If fertile you will probably start seeing wigglers within 3 or 4 days.

this thread helped me out the first time I collected cory eggs Raising cory fry | Corydoras Forum | 204003

eggs are easier to collect if you find some on a plant leaf. Just break the leaf off and put it in the hatchery. I have found we are less likely to experience any fungus on the eggs if we don't expose them to air at any time while we are moving them.
Thank you for your help mattgirl, the article proved helpful. I'll move them immediately.

mattgirl

Thank you for your help mattgirl, the article proved helpful. I'll move them immediately.
You are so very welcome. It is so much fun watching these little guys hatch and grow. The first food I feed my cory fry is microworms. After about a week mine are already eating basically the same food I feed my adults. A couple of times a week I continue feeding microworms for the first month. After that I just feed them normal cory food. At about a week and a half I move mine from the hatchery to a floating breeder box. I put a little bit of sand and a few stems of guppy grass in it. Amazing how quickly these tiny creatures start shuffling through sand.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
PurityNWhiteRoses
Replies
Views
BigManAquatics
Replies
Views
75g Discus Tank
Replies
Views