Albino Cory Cat

FishPirateL337

Never believe where I just found an Albino Cory. Walmart. I know, it's crazy.
He's great, pink eye and everything. His new home is now with Leroy Jenkins(the eldest of my Bettas).
I also got 2 other plain Corys to keep him company. The Albino at Walmart tript me out.

WOW

Muffymouse

LOL, What did that betta do to inspire you to give him the name of Leroy Jenkins?? At the WalMarts around here the only kind of corys I can find are albino. Fortunately for me the best pet store in town has other colors =))

FishPirateL337

Unless you play MMOs, you may not have ever heard that name

LEEEEEROOOOY JEEEENNNKIIINSSS! is of legend and mystery in many MMO games.

Basically something truly uber and overpowering.

Luniyn

FishPirateL337 said:
Unless you play MMOs, you may not have ever heard that name

LEEEEEROOOOY JEEEENNNKIIINSSS! is of legend and mystery in many MMO games.

Basically something truly uber and overpowering.
It's funny how he's been blown out of proportion over time. Leeroy Jenkins wasn't something uber or overpowering at all... he was the punch line to a joke. The original video was a raid getting ready to go into a fairly hard room called the "Rookery Room" in UBRS (have to be into WoW for that to make any sense). They were using Teamspeak (or one of the voice chat softwares) to discuss their strategy in how to beat the room and talk about the percent chance they had in actually coming out alive. During this Leeroy was AFK and when he came back, he said something along the lines of "Come on guys, let's do this... LEEERRROOOY JEEENNNKKKINNNSSS!" and ran into the room. Which promptly lead to all **** breaking lose and everyone in the raid dying, plus quite a bit of the usual swearing and other such talk about how Leeroy was a fool (in more colorful language of course). It was all a joke and meant to be a play on how there are actually guilds that will sit and calculate things like that rather then just going for it and learning by experience. Of course some reporter saw an opportunity for a story and starting talking about how the video showed how people will actually take a game so seriously and blah, blah, blah... you know how reporters can take a simple joke and make it into something else. Leeroy became the hero and all the copycats followed with their own antics. And now he's spanned across so many games, it's hard to find one where you can't mention his name and get a whole bunch of reaction from the players, especially if you just managed to train a large group of people and you want them to laugh it off rather then get mad at you. Though I have to admit... it is a cool name for a fish ;D

Muffymouse

I know all about Leroy Jenkins. I play WoW and saw that video and found it freaking hillarious, although I do have to agree completely with Luniyn that while the joke has been taken way out of context and blown out of proportion it is a great name for a fish. Clearly I didn't know how blown out it had become to come to mean that. LOL live and move on I guess. Best wishes to you and your fish.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom