Albino Bristlenose Pleco behavior

chunkdaddy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi,
I've got an Albino Bristlenose Pleco. We'll see here hanging upside down on decorations and the driftwood. I replaced part of my gravel with sand and the piece of driftwood is in the sand. We have seen her do this twice in the last 4 days, she's lying on her back in the sand underneath, but not attached to, the driftwood. She moves her eyes and her mouth moves. Then after a few minutes she takes off like normal. Anybody ever see this before?

Thanks
Keith

P.S.,
Do pleco's have eyelids? I swear it looks like she blinks her eyes!

triggerfish360

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Its fine plecos do that at times because remember no fish is the same and also fish don't have eyeluds they have a clear protective membrane

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
check the water parimeters to be sure nothing is wrong...ive never had any of my abns lay upside down on the subtrate without being hooked/sucking on something

chunkdaddy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Shawnie said:
check the water parimeters to be sure nothing is wrong...ive never had any of my abns lay upside down on the subtrate without being hooked/sucking on something
I did a test 6/28/10:
ammonia - 0
nitrite - 0
nitrate- 20

We saw her do it once b/4 the test and then once after the test.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I've had mine go to sleep upside down and slowly drift down a little then flip over and flash away
Carol
Edit: Pleco can roll their eyes in the socket a bit but they can also enlarge and shrink the iris(looks like a key hole) this gives the impression of winking at you

Aldric

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
dont worry my albino does it aswell only with mine it does it deliberatly to make me think its dead.... ive posted a vid on here a few months ago

hope that's helpful

**edit**
lol I just realised I had already posted this vid to you on a diff topic

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads