Dismiss Notice
Hi there! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To log in, go here.

To become a member please register here.

Albino Brichardi Eggs!

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by tcorey89, May 24, 2019.

1. tcorey89 New Member Member

It appears that my Albino Brichardi has laid roughly 60 eggs. They appear white until you shine a light on them, then they’re darker/tanish. Does anyone have any experience with this? I didn’t expect her to be laying eggs...

Attached Files:

2. fish 321 Well Known Member Member

Is there a male in the tank? If not they are probably white because they are unfertilized.

3. david1978 Fishlore Legend Member

4. tcorey89 New Member Member

Yea, I’m not 100% sure there’s a male. But I’m like 95% sure the largest one is a male. I guess I’ll go take a look now to see if they’re gone or not. Haha.

5. chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Lamprologine Cichlids lay opaque eggs, so you will not see a black dot in the egg as you do with the translucent eggs of other groups. The brownish-beige color is an indication of good eggs. Infertile eggs will turn completely white.

6. tcorey89 New Member Member

Some of the eggs are turning a brownish beige color and some are white. There seems to be some eggs missing, so I’m hoping they ate the infertile ones and left the good ones. It appears they’re like “kissing” the eggs. Maybe blowing water over them to keep the mold off? Idk anything about this, so I don’t know the correct terms.

7. david1978 Fishlore Legend Member

Thanks for clearing that up. I have never bred this particular fish so I was going with the closest I had knowledge of. I just thought they were similar.

8. tcorey89 New Member Member

Well guys, unfortunately the albino and her baby that I bought with her ate all of the eggs. There’s no more when I looked this morning. BUT...!!! These two have laid eggs and they’re TOTALLY a different color. More of the brownish beige look that chromedome52 mentioned. So I’m thinking these all are fertile!

Attached Files: