Albifrons’ Tanks And Fish

Albifrons

image.jpg Hey all! I’ve been a long time lurker of member’s fish tanks threads, and now that I’ve got a somewhat sizable tank I figured I’d give this a go. So info on this tank, it’s a Fluval 45 gallon bowfront, freshwater, it’s going to be a community planted when I’m finished but so far it’s pretty bare. I just added my 7 harlequin rasboras to the tank so excuse their faded appearance. Also, I’ve got a very fine sand so I apologize for the cloudy tank. I was doing some maintenance on it earlier today. So that’s what’s going on so far, I’m gonna go up to my lfs on the weekend to pick up some more plants so I can fill in the tank a bit more as well. Yeah, there we go, I’ll update this thread as things go, and here’s hoping everything goes according to plan! Fingers crossed!

A201
Nice looking tank. A lot of potential.

AJE
Very nice

Albifrons
Thanks! After getting my 20 gallon last Christmas I’ve been chomping at the bit to get something more sizable. Finally after months I got this tank so I’m very excited! There’s just so much more I can do with it!

Albifrons

image.jpg K so just some new plants and added them today, the tanks a bit cloudy right now, but I’ll take more pictures once it clears up. The rasboras are doing good as well, they’ve colored up nicely since Thursday

AJE
What else are you planning on adding?

Albifrons
Oh also maybe shrimp, but probably not

Albifrons

image.jpg
So here’s a photo of the tank when the water has cleared. I’m so impatient to add more fish, but I have to take it slow since the tank is still so new. Grrrrrr

Albifrons
I’ve decided I’m going to get some giant SulawesI Snails from aquatic arts! Super excited since I’ve never kept this species before!

Albifrons

image.jpg Also, here’s another pic of the tank, I don’t know why but I’m actually really satisfied with how it’s looking.

AJE
It looks great. Any decorations like a tower or just plants?
Ps. I wish mine could look that good

Albifrons
It looks great. Any decorations like a tower or just plants?
Ps. I wish mine could look that good
Thanks! I was really trying to plan out how I wanted this one to look. I might get more driftwood, but this is gonna be a mostly planted tank, with a possible stone cave thing that’s in my 20 gallon.

Albifrons

image.jpg
Just added my betta Grinch and some of my Golden Back Yellow Shrimp. Grinch is just gonna be a temporary member unless he miraculously gets along with the angel I plan to add to this tank. I’m clearing out all the fish from my 20 gallon so I can turn it into a quarantine for the new incoming fish that I’ll be getting soon.

AJE
Any pictures of the betta and shrimp?

Albifrons

6E9E3E5A-612E-40FF-97D8-8E991071853F.jpeg
E78D7E1D-57A6-4716-BCA2-1A282D6E28B7.jpeg
Well this is grinch when he was in the 20 gallon, I don’t have any photos of the shrimp right now because I’m at a rehearsal but I’ll take some when I get home.

wrs2
Your crypts look great! I also quite like the stocking! Rasboras and bettas are 2 of the only 3 types of fish that I like!

Albifrons
Your crypts look great! I also quite like the stocking! Rasboras and bettas are 2 of the only 3 types of fish that I like!
Oh nice! What’s the third?

AJE
You just hit 500 posts wrs2

Albifrons

image.jpg
image.jpg
Sorry about the iffy pics, but here’s some of the shrimp. I’ve got quite a few big females in here, but none of them want to come out currently so this is what I could get.

AJE
That’s awesome. Love shrimp

wrs2
Oh nice! What’s the third?
Well I mean I kinda count danios in with rasbora but I only like the CPD and Leopard versions. The 3rd would be endlers and guppies. So maybe it’s like 5 types of we get technical lol.

On a side note koi bettas that are mostly black are my favors type of betta haha. So like your guy!

Albifrons

image.jpg
Here’s one of the gravid females. I’ve been thinking about selling some of these guys just cause I so many of them, but I don’t have any experience with shipping live animals so I’m a bit hesitant to do so.

image.jpg
Grinch is playing hide and go seek!

Albifrons
Well I mean I kinda count danios in with rasbora but I only like the CPD and Leopard versions. The 3rd would be endlers and guppies. So maybe it’s like 5 types of we get technical lol.

On a side note koi bettas that are mostly black are my favors type of betta haha. So like your guy!
Yeah, he’s a character! It’s funny, since I’ve had him he’s become more and more black. He used to be half black half white, but now the black is all the way up to his head.

AJE
There is a wikI how on shipping live animals

Albifrons
There is a wikI how on shipping live animals
Oh that’s cool, I didn’t know that. Thanks!

Albifrons
Well. I had to move grinch back to the 20 gallon because he was really lethargic and unhappy in the 45. I think it's because the current is stronger than his liking because he perked way up and started swimming about as soon as he was back in the 20. This presents a problem because the 20 gallon was going to serve as my quarantine unit, but I'll figure something out. On a side note, I've ordered the snails! So hopefully within a week I should be getting two SulawesI Snails, a blue mystery snail, and an ivory mystery Snail. Fingers crossed that all goes well with shipping!

Albifrons
K I’ve run into a bit of a problem. I’m going to get 5 more harlequin rasboras from my lfs on Saturday, but grinch is in the tank that was going to serve as my quarantine. How should I handle this, since I’ll be quarantining between 2-4 weeks depending on the health of the rasboras. I don’t want to potentially endanger grinch, but I also don’t want to put him the 45 because he seems to hate it so much. I’m in a bit of a box right now... hmmmm. Any advice is welcome.

Albifrons
I added some more female shrimp to the tank, since there’s SO many males right now. Hopefully they’ll be more balanced in numbers now. Oh! I also spotted a molt in the tank which is a really good sign!
Here’s some pics!

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

AJE
Awesome, can’t wait for my shrimp

Albifrons
AJE
Just regular old boring rcs. I have a vampire to keep with a vampire betta(just kidding I really want one though)

Albifrons
Just regular old boring rcs. I have a vampire to keep with a vampire betta(just kidding I really want one though)
Ah yes, the fearsome vampire betta. Truly a scourge of the aquarium hobby.

Albifrons
K so I’m trying Grinch in the 45 again. My reason for doing this is because I feel like I didn’t give him enough time to adjust the first time around. So now I’m gonna give him a day or so to see if he adjusts. So far he’s doing well, but in the long run things could change. The transition from the 20 to the 45 was quick, I just netted him and quickly transported him, so I feel as if that was less stressful than before. Fingers crossed he does well!

image.jpg

Albifrons
Oh man, I just spent about an hour trying to round up my kuhlis so I could transport them to the 45. I’m finally done and I feel kinda like I just ran a marathon. They’re quick when they want to be! I also got more rasboras which are going into quarantine. I’ll take some photos of them once the water in the 20 has cleared (thank you kuhlis :rolleyes Oh! Grinch is also doing super well! Here’s some pics
His face is so over exposed

image.jpg
Can you spot the Kuhli?

image.jpg
Just hanging out

image.jpg

AJE
Amazing. Shrimp and kuhlis just hanging. Lol

Albifrons
Yeah, they’re super cute and already making themselves at home in the driftwood

Albifrons
As promised, the new rasboras in their quarantine. Sorry about the dirty water, I had to tear up a lot of plants in order to move the kuhlis. These rasboras are so tiny! They’re about half the size of my other rasboras in the 45, it’s ridiculous!

image.jpg

Albifrons
Here’s a photo of the other rasboras just for a comparison. I know that you can’t really see the difference via photos, but I’ll jus say this, some of the new rasboras are probably only half an inch long

image.jpg

AJE
Awesome!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Gudgie
Replies
Views
tyguy7760
Replies
Views