Alas, I bring terrible news

ttltrashmammal

Last night at 11:50, Ventus died

We had him for a year and a half and Walmart said he was a year and a few months old, so he lived a long while, especially for a Walmart betta. He's been showing signs of old age- humpback, losing/fading color, more sleepy, missing his food sometimes. The past 2 days he came down with a severe case of fungal fin rot and even with medicine, he didn't make it.

Between getting old, switching from regular tap water and only getting a water change once every few months to weekly changes and clean water, the angelfish incident, tankmates (the snail) and the tank upgrade- it was all too much for the grumpy ol' Ven.

Gonna miss the bugger, but at least now it opens the door to more possibilities. Also I just spent 5 hours cleaning and refilling a tank :'')

AmnScott

Sorry for your loss. Best of luck to you.

ttltrashmammal

Sorry for your loss. Best of luck to you.
Thanks lol- he was a gorgeous fish. Amazing to think a little impulse purchase at 1 am would mean so much, and yet he did.

Also I didnt realize this was a forum section- my bad, mods!

FishBoy101

Good job fro saving him from Walmart, sorry that he had to die. I am sure that you gave him the best life you could have.

ttltrashmammal

Good job fro saving him from Walmart, sorry that he had to die. I am sure that you gave him the best life you could have.
I'd like to think we did. He had space to swim, decor, plenty of food and treats and a lot of care and attention, even if we didnt know what we were doing for the first bit xD

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
kiramon2
Replies
Views
JJNPJ
2 3
Replies
Views
Greenfungaloo
Replies