Alas, I bring terrible news

Last night at 11:50, Ventus died

We had him for a year and a half and Walmart said he was a year and a few months old, so he lived a long while, especially for a Walmart betta. He's been showing signs of old age- humpback, losing/fading color, more sleepy, missing his food sometimes. The past 2 days he came down with a severe case of fungal fin rot and even with medicine, he didn't make it.

Between getting old, switching from regular tap water and only getting a water change once every few months to weekly changes and clean water, the angelfish incident, tankmates (the snail) and the tank upgrade- it was all too much for the grumpy ol' Ven.

Gonna miss the bugger, but at least now it opens the door to more possibilities. Also I just spent 5 hours cleaning and refilling a tank :'')

Solution
Good job fro saving him from Walmart, sorry that he had to die. I am sure that you gave him the best life you could have.
I'd like to think we did. He had space to swim, decor, plenty of food and treats and a lot of care and attention, even if we didnt know what we were doing for the first bit xD
Good job fro saving him from Walmart, sorry that he had to die. I am sure that you gave him the best life you could have.
I'd like to think we did. He had space to swim, decor, plenty of food and treats and a lot of care and attention, even if we didnt know what we were doing for the first bit xD

Solution

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom