1. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Went to GoodWill the other day and picked up:

~Aqueon MiniBow 2.5
    ~fake plant
    ~package of Tetra Fungus Cure
    ~Tetra Whisper 3i
    ~AquaClear 30 (to my best guess)
    ~100 watt (10-30 gallon) Tetra preset heater

How much did all this cost me, you ask? A whopping $7.99, plus tax (7%).

Yep =D

2. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Well done! :D what are you doing with the 2.5 gallon tank? Does it have a hood and all?

3. angel_scout Well Known Member Member

Nice find! You gonna get another betta?

4. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh yeah, its the whole kit-and-kabootle. Just no gravel (but I had like 10 pounds of extra gravel left over from the 20 long) lol I've got the Least Killies set up in it. I thought they would be squooshed up in there, but its still like a flippin' mansion, even with 5 of them in there LOL

I wish >.< Just played Tank Swap to accommodate my new Goldfish for a few months, and set up the old 3 gallon Eclipse.

Check out my sig for my new stockings lol

5. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

lol and you said you didn't have room for more tanks.....

Now the question is, what goes back to school with you and what has to stay home?

6. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

This was at home lol I don't have room at *school* for more tanks, but there are plenty of places at home XD

Just Chi and frogs came back with me. It was a thought to bring back one of the male Least Killies, and a female or two, but I decided not.

7. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Sweet deal!

8. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Oh, and now that I have my camera, heres a pic >=3

[​IMG]

9. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Did the AC30 come with a media basket? or a lid?

10. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Lol nope. Just the filter and the tubes. But you can see how the tubes are in two pieces? Thats because the previous owner chopped it up and DIY (very poorly, I might add) elongated the intake.

I made it work though. LOL I stole the intake from my AC 20, and now the AC 20 is just the U-tube with a filter sponge over the opening on the 20 long :;nin2 I've been creeping around Amazon trying to find the bits and pieces I need. I'm not even 100% sure its a 30, so until mom can get home to look at for me (I'm back as school, now) I don't know what exactly to order for it.

11. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

The AC30 is 6 inches and the 50 is 7.

12. escapay Well Known Member Member

Awesome deal! I found a 20 gallon high at Goodwill for $9.99 and then it was 50% off. :)

13. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Hmmm.... Well.... I think its a 30, then. It just barely fits in opening in the hood, with the last section punched out. Like, an inch or so bigger than then AC 20 that was on there.

14. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

The AC was on a 30-ish gallon looking Hex, that was $7.99 as well that I tried to get my mom to let me buy, but that didn't happen :(

50% is awesome! I love sales on sales :p

15. MeganS Member Member

That's a great find! My AC 30 intake tube came in two pieces. The intake is one piece and the u shaped part is the second piece.

16. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, but the cuff on the intake tube is sawed off :;nin2

17. MeganS Member Member

Oh well that was a silly thing to do lol :;smack

18. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Yeah, my thought as well LOL I understand why they did it, as it was on a hex tank at the store, but really? Lets make this filter practically useless so that we can use it right now :rolleyes:

19. Disc61 Well Known Member Member

Wow, nice deal.

20. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Right? =D

The tank, new, would have been like $35, the AC 30 $34, the Tetra 3i $10, the Tetra heater $20, the Fungus Clear probably $5, the plant $2-3. I think I did pretty good :p