Aje’s 350g Pond

  • Thread starter

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,714
Reaction score
3,115
Points
298
Experience
1 year
I just finished my outdoor pond!! It’s 350g. It’s temperature is between 70 and 80* depending on the time of day. It’s stocked with: 2 mollies, 3 goldfish, 4 koi, 1 rosy barb, 4 common pelcos and a swordtail. I am planning on rehoming the koi and goldfish because I’m not comfortable with them being in such warm water. What do you think?
14098985-8151-4435-A8E1-2E72941203CB.jpeg
6DE5A4C3-0D4C-4901-BA38-E2E28D7B8C75.jpeg
31EAD5A8-5E2E-48F7-A9D6-E2A0BF48B41D.jpeg
383854CF-5F1A-4A02-BDE6-30456787AADF.jpeg
0723E75F-0BC0-4645-A334-56CC546F6362.jpeg
 

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Messages
7,095
Reaction score
3,481
Points
448
Experience
4 years
Nice! My goldfish tank normally hits 80 during the summer, they're fine as long as the actual water temp is at or below 90
 
  • Thread starter

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,714
Reaction score
3,115
Points
298
Experience
1 year
Rtessy said:
Nice! My goldfish tank normally hits 80 during the summer, they're fine as long as the actual water temp is at or below 90
Ok, cool, I also plan on adding a pair of red ear sliders when the mollies start breading
 

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,708
Reaction score
2,084
Points
498
Experience
More than 10 years
Its Finished?
 

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,012
Reaction score
2,511
Points
308
Experience
2 years
Looks nice!
 

CanadianFishFan

Well Known Member
Messages
3,407
Reaction score
2,166
Points
298
Experience
3 years
I think about 5 Iguanas would fit and call it a day.
 

Smalltownfishfriend

Well Known Member
Messages
2,026
Reaction score
2,080
Points
298
Experience
2 years
Great job aje
 

McFly

Valued Member
Messages
260
Reaction score
169
Points
88
Experience
More than 10 years
Interesting blue on black scheme ya got there...
I'm guessing as the pond ages those colors will 'blend'?

It's a pretty good sized pond. Nice work! It's not as easy
as it looks. My friend and I did a 1500 gallon pond over
4 times before he liked it. He did his fall feature with a lot
of flat rock and granite.... Tiered the falls beautifully.

Back breaking work. Kudos to you!
 

Skavatar

Well Known Member
Messages
3,983
Reaction score
2,678
Points
308
Experience
2 years
looks good.

what's the depth? looks somewhat shallow.
 
  • Thread starter

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,714
Reaction score
3,115
Points
298
Experience
1 year
smee82 said:
Its Finished?
Yes it is!
CanadianFishFan said:
I think about 5 Iguanas would fit and call it a day.
lol
Smalltownfishfriend said:
Great job aje
thanks!!
McFly said:
Interesting blue on black scheme ya got there...
I'm guessing as the pond ages those colors will 'blend'?

It's a pretty good sized pond. Nice work! It's not as easy
as it looks. My friend and I did a 1500 gallon pond over
4 times before he liked it. He did his fall feature with a lot
of flat rock and granite.... Tiered the falls beautifully.

Back breaking work. Kudos to you!
we actually got enough tarp to make it 1500 gallons but we found some tubes that changed the size
Skavatar said:
looks good.

what's the depth? looks somewhat shallow.
It’s actually 3 different depths, on the right, 1.25ft, in the middle 2ft and on the left, 1ft. Again it was supposed to be deeper and wider but the tubes we found didn’t like that idea
 

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Messages
5,708
Reaction score
2,084
Points
498
Experience
More than 10 years
Your not going to crete the edges of the tarp down and to keep the rocks in place.
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known Member
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
561
Points
133
Experience
4 years
It looks great!! What are you going to put in it? Is your duck going to be near it? It might eat the fish!! Lol!!
 
  • Thread starter

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,714
Reaction score
3,115
Points
298
Experience
1 year
smee82 said:
Your not going to crete the edges of the tarp down and to keep the rocks in place.
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand this. I just woke up, so I’m not thinking well.
PheonixKingZ said:
It looks great!! What are you going to put in it? Is your duck going to be near it? It might eat the fish!! Lol!!
I’m planning on adding more livebearers, some rosy red minnows and when I see my first fry, a pair of red ear sliders
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known Member
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
561
Points
133
Experience
4 years
AJE said:
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand this. I just woke up, so I’m not thinking well.

I’m planning on adding more livebearers, some rosy red minnows and when I see my first fry, a pair of red ear sliders
Ohh...I thought you were moving the fish from your inside pond, to your outside pond. Aren’t red ear sliders a turtle breed? I have a LOT in my “Pond” more of a lake really.
 
  • Thread starter

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,714
Reaction score
3,115
Points
298
Experience
1 year
PheonixKingZ said:
Ohh...I thought you were moving the fish from your inside pond, to your outside pond. Aren’t red ear sliders a turtle breed? I have a LOT in my “Pond” more of a lake really.
Yes I am moving the fish from the old pond into this one, what I posted before is what I am going to add. Yes, that is a turtle breed
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known Member
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
561
Points
133
Experience
4 years
Ok!! Just making shure, make shure to keep us posted please!!
 
  • Thread starter

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,714
Reaction score
3,115
Points
298
Experience
1 year
PheonixKingZ said:
Ok!! Just making shure, make shure to keep us posted please!!
Ok, today this is what we’re doing: 1. Finishing the fence 2. Planting the plants 3. Bringing up more rock to go around the pond 4. Cut the leftover tarp 5. Have a glass of lemonade and enjoy
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known Member
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
561
Points
133
Experience
4 years
Lol, I like the lemonade part!! Sounds good!! I can’t wait until it’s finished!! And just a real Quik question, who is “We”? Lol, won’t the turtle eat the fish?
 
  • Thread starter

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Messages
4,714
Reaction score
3,115
Points
298
Experience
1 year
PheonixKingZ said:
Lol, I like the lemonade part!! Sounds good!! I can’t wait until it’s finished!! And just a real Quik question, who is “We”? Lol, won’t the turtle eat the fish?
“We” is a friend of mine and me. The turtle will probably eat the fish, that’s why I’m waiting for them to start breeding before I add him, also they’ll have lots of hiding
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known Member
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
561
Points
133
Experience
4 years
Good, I can’t wait to see it!!
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom