Airstones Help Please

dyunoy

Reaction score
I have a tetra wisper 40 air pump and I was looking at airstones to use with it but I've never used them to understand which airstone is the best to use. I was looking at a few things on Amazon can someone please explain to me how it works and recommend a good airstone(s)?

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
dyunoy said:
I have a tetra wisper 40 air pump and I was looking at airstones to use with it but I've never used them to understand which airstone is the best to use. I was looking at a few things on Amazon can someone please explain to me how it works and recommend a good airstone(s)?
Think what you mean is the difference in bubbles they make. Some are made of more dense material (sand grains) = smaller bubbles. Than there of course is a size difference. Nothing wrong with those ones but if you like to make a kind of bubblewall you'll need bigger ones.

OP
D

dyunoy

Reaction score
Thank you for responding. I was looking more into the part that the tetra is 4w and that can power two of those small ones vs powering one big one but then I got confused when it shows LPM of 2 and 12 since I'm quite sure that the tetra is 1.4 LPM. How would that affect the stones and how they function?
Thank you

New Threads