Airstone Question

kallililly1973

Fishlore Legend
Reactions
Experience
3 years
Personally I wouldn't even bother with an air stone but instead attach a small sponge filter that way if you need to set up a quarantine or another tank after running the sponge filter in the tank for a month or so then swapping it to a new tank it'll give you an instant cycle. Just be sure to always check your water parameters when starting any new tank with established media just to be safe.

OP
Lysaell

Lysaell

Reactions
Experience
5 years
CheshireKat said:
Yes, I would think so, if you're only worried about salt. Aquarium salt is often used to treat sick fish so potential remnants on an airstone won't kill fish.
Yeah I was worried about the salt. But thanks! Now I have some peace of mind aha.

kallililly1973 said:
Personally I wouldn't even bother with an air stone but instead attach a small sponge filter that way if you need to set up a quarantine or another tank after running the sponge filter in the tank for a month or so then swapping it to a new tank it'll give you an instant cycle. Just be sure to always check your water parameters when starting any new tank with established media just to be safe.
Ah, I would but I’m currently with a makeshift setup with a betta far away from home/tanks.

New Threads