Airsoft

1. Slug Well Known Member Member

Seeing as how it seems there are a few of us with airsoft guns, i thought i'd start a thread. I'm not to serious in it, I usually get my fill of playing war/military with my regular job, but I like to plink around with the guns sometimes.

For anyone that doesn't know the definition of airsoft per Wikipedia is:
    Its like a new age paintball. Not as messy, just as fun, and more realistic.

I have a M14 (electric) and 1911 pistol (spring). Looking to get another, not sure what though. Luckily being in the military, I have easy access to the best gear out there so I don't have to worry about spending money on an expensive loadout.

Here are a few pics. I love my M14, beautiful gun.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just because ;)
    [​IMG]

Feel free to add your pics, discussion, etc.

2. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

I've always wondered if they hurt just as much as a paintball hitting.

3. Slug Well Known Member Member

Its possible. They both can shoot at a high FPS, depending on the gun. Generally I think paintballs shoot at 250-300fps? Airsoft is generally 300-400fps in some of the bigger rifles. Though i've seen some guns reach into the 600s.

Kinda depends on the type of gun, the distance, and where you get hit.

4. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

They can break the skin, I have my scars from getting hit with high fps guns at close range. They hurt just as bad as getting a shot. I have 5 guns 3 pistols, 1 mp5a5, and a pistol made out of a cap gun. My best gun shoots 450 fps, it's a pistol. Airsoft is really fun. Me and my friends have all sorts of wars in the woods behind my house

5. sirdarksol Fishlore Legend Member

300fps is the safety limit for paintball.
    The airsoft balls are potentially really painful. They're smaller, but also more dense and, as Slug mentioned, can go significantly faster.

I don't really play Airsoft, though I likely will at some point. Just need to get my friends to get their own weapons.

6. mosin360 Well Known Member Member

I'd be interested if I could get a large enough group going but I don't see that happening any time soon. Oh well.

7. Crimsonbull57 Member Member

In an attempt to revive this thread, I thought I'd post my loadout.
    81.jpg

82.jpg

I also am working on a Ghillie suit.
    83.jpg