Airplane Photos

CanadianFishFan

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I've heard some of you on here like planes, I like to watch planes but I only know like the bare basics about them. Anyway feel free to share plane photos!
These are from near Edmonton Skys or Edmonton International Airport
Army Plane
upload_2019-5-31_14-34-1.png

West Jet Something or rather
upload_2019-5-31_14-34-27.png

KLM 676 Heading from Edmonton -> Amsterdam
upload_2019-5-31_14-35-35.png

We also took some photos near the edge of the runway.
upload_2019-5-31_14-36-24.png

Antonian

Reaction score
I work in the aviation field! I’m in Dayton Ohio this week for work and plan to stop by the air force museum I’ll take some pics and post them if I get the chance.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'll work on pics ..I live at the end of the Saratoga airport runway ! No joke ..
Mostly private jets and gliders but this time of year [track season] the big jets [rich people ] are here ..
Nice pics everyone .

Fishcat

Well Known
Reaction score
Anyone else been to the Museum of Mountain Flying in Missoula? Well worth a visit. Among other exhibits, there is the plane that dropped the smokejumpers who died in the Mann Gulch fire. It’s right by the smokejumper visitor center, which offers tours, where you can go inside one of the planes they drop from now. Went there a few years back with my mother and my kids, and my mother was very impressed with Rocky, our guide for the plane part of the tour!

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
richie.p those are awesome. Yesterday I saw what I think was a B-17 flying around for some reason, and I also saw one of those massive C-17 cargo jets flying super low. Well both were pretty low, but the much bigger C-17 was probably at half the height of the bomber.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nikm128 said:
richie.p those are awesome. Yesterday I saw what I think was a B-17 flying around for some reason, and I also saw one of those massive C-17 cargo jets flying super low. Well both were pretty low, but the much bigger C-17 was probably at half the height of the bomber.
This is a SE5A I scratch built 1/4 scale it had to come off the table for xmas lunch
Flies beautifully

Attachments

Brenden

Reaction score
Awesome planes to see! I am fortunate to live right next to one of the most active Air Force bases in the country. So I see a lot of weird things flying overhead. I've seen Flying Fortresses, Nighthawks, Blackhawks, Unmanned Drones...so on...so on. The coolest thing I have personally seen flying overhead was an Osprey. I actually watched it land from the side of the road.

It takes off, and lands, completely vertically.

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The view out my back door !
vGo6H8Zl.jpg

BWaxYcPl.jpg

Seriously my trees had to be removed [FAA paid for ] after Brad Paisleys plane hit trees on other side of airport ..My property ends at the airport fence ! Surprisingly I like planes but no fan of Brad !!

Antonian

Reaction score
Definitely cool to see so many people on here have another common interest! I picked up a wooden model of a P40 while at the show as well.
IMG_1104.jpg

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My dad worked for the Fokker aircraft factory for years, so planes are in my blood. Funny there is some chemical reaction when I see one of those good old F27 and F28 planes that were sold all over the world hahaha.
d7cab956ba9e4ec87ce6bc0160dd3931.jpg
656da661d42ac44992e590e539371538.jpg

DoubleDutch

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
richie.p said:
This is a Lancaster I scratch built had its maiden in the winter
Around the farm my mother was born at three planes were shot down in WW2. One of them was a Lancaster. The monument to remember them since is the propelor of the Lancaster.

The last plane that crashed (B24) just missed the farmhouse. My grandma (pregnant of my mother) has haf a trauma about it all her life.

All our respect, praise and remembrance to all those brave crews.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DoubleDutch said:
Around the farm my mother was born at three planes were shot down in WW2. One of them was a Lancaster. The monument to remember them since is the propelor of the Lancaster.

The last plane that crashed (B24) just missed the farmhouse. My grandma (pregnant of my mother) has haf a trauma about it all her life.

All our respect, praise and remembrance to all those brave crews.

It's nice to see other countries remembering those brave crews not just british but men from all over the world, thanks Dutch

New Threads