Airline tubing size and adapters

1. bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +57
    I'm going to be setting up one of my 10gal tanks soon for one of my male bettas. In the decor, I want to include this ship bubbler that I have had for several years, but never got around to using or hooking up. I had it in a tank at one time, but not for very long and I never hooked it up. When I went to dig it out of storage the other day, I noticed that the tubing coming out of the bubbler is MUCH smaller diameter than the standard airline tubing. Would I need to use an airline connector/adapter (similar to these: http://big-als-online.amazonwebstore.com/Lees-Airline-Connectors-6-pk/M/B0002APXNW.htm )to connect the tubing coming out of the bubbler to the standard-size airline tubing?

2. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I have the same problem with the Tetra 3i filters, but the tubing is *bigger*. Can't buy that size anywhere around here :/

That looks like it would do what you needed.

3. OP
    OP
    bassbonediva

bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +57
    I'm hoping so. I'm going to go get some tonight, as I'm hoping to set the tank up this afternoon. I say "hoping" because I just had shoulder surgery (last Thursday), so lifting is a bit of a problem right now and I have to move my 5.5gal tank to accommodate the new 10gal. Fun times. *facepalm*

4. Akari_32

Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +108
    I believe in youuuuu! *determined face*