Airline tubing size and adapters

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by bassbonediva, Apr 3, 2012.

  1. bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

    I'm going to be setting up one of my 10gal tanks soon for one of my male bettas. In the decor, I want to include this ship bubbler that I have had for several years, but never got around to using or hooking up. I had it in a tank at one time, but not for very long and I never hooked it up. When I went to dig it out of storage the other day, I noticed that the tubing coming out of the bubbler is MUCH smaller diameter than the standard airline tubing. Would I need to use an airline connector/adapter (similar to these:   )to connect the tubing coming out of the bubbler to the standard-size airline tubing?
  2. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

    I have the same problem with the Tetra 3i filters, but the tubing is *bigger*. Can't buy that size anywhere around here :/

    That looks like it would do what you needed.
  3. bassbonedivaFishlore VIPMember

    I'm hoping so. I'm going to go get some tonight, as I'm hoping to set the tank up this afternoon. I say "hoping" because I just had shoulder surgery (last Thursday), so lifting is a bit of a problem right now and I have to move my 5.5gal tank to accommodate the new 10gal. Fun times. *facepalm*
  4. Akari_32Fishlore LegendMember

    I believe in youuuuu! *determined face*

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice