Airline Keeps Coming Off Of Air Pump

Gabrielle J.

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hey guys! Small problem with the airline. Every morning when I wake up I notice that my filter is off and it's always because the connection between the air pump and airline has disconnected. I don't know if I should glue it, my only concern would be if i needed to change the airline. I've tried taping it down and it would work for about 3 days but will eventually come undone. Any tips on how I could prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance

itsEmma

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi, that's really strange, I had exactly the same problem after buying some new silicone tubing! I don't know if it was softer than the previous one, or a fraction bigger but, basically, just like you-nearly every morning, it had come off the air pump.
Luckily I discovered a way to fix it-hose clips. There's all sorts of different types (who knew?!!) and you can buy really tiny ones on Amazon or Ebay. (or maybe a local DIY store?) The advantage over glue, means that you can just unscrew them when you need to take the air line off.
They're not perfect, my tubing has still come off once even with the clip-but that was after about 3 weeks rather than nearly every day.
I've attached a picture so you can see one in situ. Hope this helps!

Attachments

Gabrielle J.

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
This was the best advice in the whole entire world. I'm aware of clamps but I never thought to use one in this situation . Thank you so much, you've helped a ton

itsEmma

Valued Member
Reaction score
No problem, glad that I was able to help!
It was just such a coincidence that I'd searched re the very same problem a month or so ago....
Eventually I discovered the clamp idea through some helpful member's advice, so was more than happy to pass it on!
Good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom