Air Stone won't stay down

Discussion in 'Air Pumps' started by 5150Jim, Jul 29, 2015.

1. 5150JimNew MemberMember

I have a 23" Long Tube Green Airstone Diffuses Bubble Wall, as they call it & the suction cups are a year old & won't stay put. Is there something else I can use that won't harm the fish? I don't think lead weights are good for my little guys. It is in my 50 gallon tank with cichlids, gouramies & 2 Bala sharks.
    TNX, Jim

Last edited: Jul 29, 2015
  2. AquaticBrandon

AquaticBrandonWell Known MemberMember

What about getting some new suction cups? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

3. OP
    OP

5150JimNew MemberMember

I would but then I would have to put my hands in the tank to push them against the glass. And I like keeping my hands out of there.
    TNX

4. MatthewM

MatthewMValued MemberMember

How can you successfully keep a tank but never put your hands in it? It's part of the task of owning a fish tank. Just do a water change so its lower, and do it before adding the new water. Then wash your hands

5. Dom90

Dom90Fishlore VIPMember

I noticed that all three of the OP's tanks in his profile are severely overstocked. That's probably why he doesn't want to put his hands in there.

6. kidster9700

kidster9700Well Known MemberMember

Go buy aquarium gloves. They go up to your shoulders.

7. OP
    OP

5150JimNew MemberMember

Best idea yet. I'll look into aquarium gloves. You never know what affect soap will have on the little guys, even if you rinse your hands & arms really good.
    TNX

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice