Air Pumps and Air Stones or Powerhead?

Gwenz
I am thinking of getting this sponge filter for my Q tank ( ) , and was wondering if they run off Powerheads or Air pumps and air stones? If they can run off either, which is best to get, an Air Pump and Air Stone or Powerhead?

Thanks

Gwenz

Butterfly
It runs off an air pump. I have one just like it in one of my guppy fry tanks.
Carol

Gwenz
Thanks Carol. My Mum said she would be buying it for me off the internet, but now she says she doesn't want to be spending any more money on things for my tanks. What I don't understand is, that up until now I've been buying everything myself, and she hasn't bought anything for them, it's all been payd for by me :.

Anyway I think I better do as she says and just stay with the one I already have. I think the outflow of it is too strong though. :-\ Could I put some plants in front of it to block the outflow a little?

Thanks

Gwenz

Butterfly
Sure, what kind of plants do you have?
Carol

Gwenz
I ahve some fake plants in there, because it is a Q tank. In another post someone said that this might work...

Thanks

Gwenz

Butterfly
Sure anything kind of stiff will work.
Carol

Gwenz
Ok thanks

Gwenz

atmmachine816
I know how you feel man, my parents are the same way, they made me stick with only one tank. :'(

jinx_beta
I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :

My mum tells me that we should get a filter. I know we have to!

But, she bought a heater ($70) and the tank ($30) and the fish ($5)... $105!!! So, I'm getting a second hand filter of grandma and grandpa. I hope it's good!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Yehoshua
Replies
Views
Tinytail
Replies
Views
FishMich
Replies
Views