Air pump

Kuebeecee
I have a 10 gallon tank with zebra danios, an albino Cory cat fish and a tiger guppy. I am curious if I should put in an air stone? The filter currently puts a small current in the water, but I am wondering if the air stone is necessary?

The tank is heavily planted and all of the fish have high energy. The danios play and chase each other around constantly (no nipping.) The tiger guppy tends to glass surf occasionally. I am looking to get these guys a bigger tank.

I recently had a betta fish who lived for three years and recently passed - so I am new to having a variety of fish at once. When researching these fish and an air pump, there were many mixed reviews.

Thanks everyone!

Andres391
Kuebeecee said:
I have a 10 gallon tank with zebra danios, an albino Cory cat fish and a tiger guppy. I am curious if I should put in an air stone? The filter currently puts a small current in the water, but I am wondering if the air stone is necessary?

The tank is heavily planted and all of the fish have high energy. The danios play and chase each other around constantly (no nipping.) The tiger guppy tends to glass surf occasionally. I am looking to get these guys a bigger tank.

I recently had a betta fish who lived for three years and recently passed - so I am new to having a variety of fish at once. When researching these fish and an air pump, there were many mixed reviews.

Thanks everyone!
I have 10 Amber tetras, 1 endler fish, 1 assassin snail, pest snails and 15 Cherry shrimps. It's also well planted when I added a airstone even had it controlled to low I had major issues with algae not recommended unless you have way to much fish which you shouldn't.

Latest threads

Top Bottom