air pump?

fish_r_friend

Well Known
Reaction score
what type of air pump do all of you suggest? I'm leaning towed the Hagan air pumps but I just want to hear what you have to say

Jon

Well Known
Reaction score
what do you need an air pump for? filters are usually enough

Marc

Well Known
Reaction score
Umm, only a power filter really aerates the tank.

Jon

Well Known
Reaction score
I assumed he would use a power filter on a 20 gallon tank sry if this is not the case

Marc

Well Known
Reaction score
Back on topic though... as I have almost no experience with different brands of air pumps, I'd just say grab a brand name in a nice box for a decent price. Get one that will suit your tank though, as some aren't powerful enough to aerate larger tanks.

Jon

Well Known
Reaction score
what type of filter do you have?

if you need one I'm sure it won't make a difference to your fish if the pump is fancy or if it isnt. just get one made for your tanks size and put it on a sponge so it doesn't make noise.

jim55379

Reaction score
I have a tetra 10-30 with those bubble bars that use 2 suction cups to stick to the back of the tank windows. I really love it. It doesn't take up much room like those stones. I actually cut mine with a hacksaw and replaced the caps to customize it to my tank. I think they are made of plastic. At first I bought a big one that covered the entire back of my tank window but found that it made my power filter gasp for water so had to cut it down.

New Threads