air pump?

1. f

fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

what type of air pump do all of you suggest? I'm leaning towed the Hagan air pumps but i just want to hear what you have to say

2. J

Jon Well Known Member Member

what do you need an air pump for? filters are usually enough

3. Marc

Marc Well Known Member Member

4. J

i assumed he would use a power filter on a 20 gallon tank sry if this is not the case

5. Marc

You said a filter is usually enough.. ::)

6. Marc

Back on topic though... as I have almost no experience with different brands of air pumps, I'd just say grab a brand name in a nice box for a decent price. Get one that will suit your tank though, as some aren't powerful enough to aerate larger tanks.

7. J

what type of filter do you have?

if you need one im sure it wont make a difference to your fish if the pump is fancy or if it isnt. just get one made for your tanks size and put it on a sponge so it doesnt make noise.

8. S

Sentry Initiate

9.jpg

;)

9. J

uhhh... lol

10. atmmachine816

atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

i have a tetratec deep water and works fine i think they changed the name and look to something else though but tetra would be a good brand

11. OP
    OP
    f

its for a sponge filter that I'm going to get and extra aeration

12. atmmachine816

atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

then get a large one to power both and a divider so you can separate the air to both of them

13. OP
    OP
    f

14. J

hope you are happy with your choice gl to you

15. j

jim55379 Member Member

I have a tetra 10-30 with those bubble bars that use 2 suction cups to stick to the back of the tank windows. I really love it. It doesn't take up much room like those stones. I actually cut mine with a hacksaw and replaced the caps to customize it to my tank. I think they are made of plastic. At first I bought a big one that covered the entire back of my tank window but found that it made my power filter gasp for water so had to cut it down.