Air pump suitable for fry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shedzy1985

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hi. I found some Molly Fry in my tank a couple of days ago. I currently have them in a floating breeder tank, but I bought a small 24litre tank to transfer them to when it's ready. I'm running the filter that came with it in my main tank until it's ready, maybe 2-3 weeks? I'll syphon the water from my main tank when it's time. I have a heater, but still need an air pump. Can anyone recommend one suitable for that size tank and safe for fry?

Much thanks, Amy ****

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If you have a small filter for the fry tank then you don't need an air pump as well

Shedzy1985

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Oh right ok, I hadn't realised that. Would it be better for the fry if I added an air pump anyway? How long would you suggest I leave the filter in the main tank before setting up the little one? xx

Much thanks, Amy ****

Coradee

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In a small tank with the filter it may produce too much movement for the fry so I wouldn't use one, a couple of weeks should be long enough to seed the filter unless you have a lot of fry.
You could take some of the established media from your main filter & put it in the small one, that way you could move the fry & small filter into the fry tank sooner, just carefully monitor the water

Shedzy1985

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
That helps so much, thank you coradee :) I only have 3 Molly fry at the moment, pretty sure I saw another one in there but it is hiding well xx

Much thanks, Amy ****

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • No

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 39 63.9%

Top Bottom