Air pump ruining hood lights??

Missy97128

I have an Aqueon LED hood for my 10 gallon tank. It was working fine for the first 5 months I had it. Then I added an air pump. Since then, 3 of the led lights look like they’ve burnt out and the entire string of lights flicker on and off and can’t keep them to stay on.
I’m guessing the spray from the bubbles at the surface has done something to the lights.

BigManAquatics

I suppose it could. Never had issues with air bubbles causing that on my LED hood. Is it the one with 3 clusters of lights?

Missy97128

I suppose it could. Never had issues with air bubbles causing that on my LED hood. Is it the one with 3 clusters of lights?
Yes. 9 lights total. 3 of 3

BigManAquatics

Yes. 9 lights total. 3 of 3
I used to have that hood on a tank for about 3-4 years and ran 2 sponge filters the whole time and my lights never went out. Did have that issue with similar hoods, different brands, though. I just assumed the lights went out due to the moisture or algae, somehow or another. So yeah, very possible thats why they went out.

Edit: i have had problems with the flickering lights though, always seems to stem from that toggle switch.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
RedOnion
  • Question
Replies
Views
Sanderguy777
  • Question
30 Gallon Tank Air stone/pump
Replies