Air pump question

1. soccermatt Member Member

Hi,
    I have set up and air pump with an air rock however it is very hard to place it how I want it without it moving. I was wondering if I could use tape or something to tap the pipe to the inside of the aquarium and thenaybe put gravel over the air rock.
    Thanks

2. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Tape probably won't stick in the aquarium. You can bury it in the gravel.
    In the past, I suck the air hose through a hole in a decoration, held it down with a rock or held in place by leaves on a plastic plant.
    I recently picked up some air line suction cups. They were really inexpensive and eaaier to keep in place.

3. bruiser Member Member

I run my airlines down the side of the tank with airline suction cups from the LFS, and bury the line under the gravel (as Lucy mentioned) to take it to the desired place in the tank.

4. Llama Well Known Member Member

I used an elastic band to adhere it to a decoration. The pump tube was coiled up so every attempt at burrying it resulted in it springing up again.

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Good morning. Great suggestions above.

I have a black background on all of my tanks. If I chose to use air line/stones I would purchase the black tubing. I've seen it at PetCo. It will blend right in and cover the rest on the bottom with decorations/gravel. Just a thought :)

Ken

6. bruiser Member Member

If this is an issue, fasten one end to a door frame or something tall enough, and fasten some sort of weight too the other end.. Leave it for a couple days, it will straighten right out!

7. stanman Initiate Member

You could also put the suction cups on bottom of tank under gravel.It works good for me. But I like the door trick, permanent fix. :;hf

8. Meenu Fishlore VIP Member

my husband put the suction cups on the bottom of mine, works fine