Air pump question!

Mandilu25
Hi! I recently got a betta fish but was not able to get it a bigger tank yet so for now my one betta is living in a 1.5 gallon tank until I am able to get a bigger one for it, I installed the airpump and noticed that it’s for aquariums 10-30 gallons I was wondering if it is still safe to use this for my tank because I notice a pressure of a current that made it not possible for my fish to eat. So I unplugged it for now for my fish to eat but I was wondering if I should continue to use it so I can provide it oxygen

Wouldratherwatchaquarium
Hi, You can buy an airflow regulator valve for a few bucks.

Or a small air pump should be very affordable also.

It sounds like the flow is going to be stressfull for your betta in the small tank longterm.

Betta don't necessarily need well oxygenated water as they can breathe from surface but it will keep the water a better quality with some aeration.

Mandilu25
Wouldratherwatchaquarium said:
Hi, You can buy an airflow regulator valve for a few bucks.

Or a small air pump should be very affordable also.

It sounds like the flow is going to be stressfull for your betta in the small tank longterm.

Betta don't necessarily need well oxygenated water as they can breathe from surface but it will keep the water a better quality with some aeration.
thank you for responding!!! I tried to play around and fix the tubing so less bubbles come out or at a slower pace I think I got it enough that it dispenses oxygen but also causes no current, my betta will be in this tank for two months until I’m able to get the bigger one so I hope this works out fine for him!!

Flyfisha
Out of interest in the well being of your betta Mandilu25 is there a filter in the 1.5 gallon? If not then a sponge filter is a cheap option to plug into the air line.

Top Bottom