Air Pump Question

1. Sakti

Sakti New Member Member

I have a 75 Gallon Community Tank with a Fluval FX4 Canister. I have the Output Nozzle facing up on one side to keep a nice ripple stream moving across the top. I also have a Topfin Air 4000 running in the middle back with a circular airstone. It was always my understanding that the more air the better but I seen a conversation (that I can't find now, I was reading on my phone at the time) that someone was saying you can have to many bubbles and circulation in the tank. I would greatly appreciate any input here. I can take out the airstone if its to much. I have a mixture of Live Plants with some Fake ones if that makes a difference.

2. James17

James17 Well Known Member Member

I don't see a problem with what your using, I run an air stone full blast in my tank and have no problems with it.

3. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

It doesn't sound like you have too much aeration or circulation in the tank.

Bubblers can gas off CO2, which may cause issues in heavily planted tanks or those with demanding plants. For most low light, low tech tank with beginner plants, an air stone isn't an issue.

4. OP
    OP
    Sakti

Sakti New Member Member

Thank you TexasDomer! I was really concerned and was going to just take it out. So in a heavily planted tank it may not be good but lightly planted is ok. I have 7 Live plants but so I will keep an eye on them.

5. OP
    OP
    Sakti

Sakti New Member Member

Thank you James17 !

6. M

Manjit Valued Member Member

there is no point for getting too much aeration...
    First water can dissolve limited amount of gases... So giving too much aeration will be just waste of electricity and money.
    Second It will disturb you fishes everywhere they wont have much calm spaces for them to rest or just float around.
    Third It may lead to drop in temperature...