Air Motor Question

Spencer318

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hi there, so i have a 60 gallon tank, and am shopping around for an air motor for my bubbler. I found one that says "up to a 60 gallon tank" but was wondering if i should apply the same rule of thumb towards that that i do towards the filter where, the more powerful the better? I also have an air motor lying around that is good for up to a 30 gallon tank but didn't figure it will be sufficient.

So my question is, should i get one that is good up to 60 gallons or better, or could i actually use the one that says its good up to 30?

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I would try the smaller air pump and see how it works - if the tank isn't too deep, it may be fine.

For bubblers, really whatever size air pump that will work is fine.

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think the most important question is do you see yourself being infected with the incurable M.T.S (multi Tank Syndrome)?

If you see yourself with several (read that many) aquariums in the future, rather than buying several air pumps one at a time maybe you would be better off getting one large one. I have a bunch of small air pumps accumulated over the years. Then around 10 years ago I got this and have been running several aquariums with more air than I need.
They do have a smaller one also. I hang mine from the rafters in the basement and run an air line to the first floor. I have three gang valves that split the air to the aquariums as needed.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom