Air In Intake Line

mtcarlin

I have an atypical sump setup that I bought as a complete setup; intake comes into the sunk through a bulk head set about 2/3 up on the side(not a direct drop in from the top). Tank is reef ready with dorso intake, 72g bow front with 20 gallon 3 compartment sump. The air bubbles were gurgling in the intake compartment so I pumped in a release area for the air, unfortunately I now have water "burping" out of the air release line. Any ideas on adjustments/replumbing?

Carbeo

What does the part look like attached to the main tank?

mtcarlin

Carbeo said:
What does the part look like attached to the main tank?
bulk head attachments under tank or internal of over flow?

Carbeo

Does it already have the little hole drilled in the top or the durso above the tank with an airline threaded through it to break suction and gurgling?

mtcarlin

The Durso has a hole. I’ve adjusted the the pipe up and down with no positive result. I restricted air flow in top hole with worse results.

Carbeo

mtcarlin said:
The Durso has a hole. I’ve adjusted the the pipe up and down with no positive result. I restricted air flow in top hole with worse results.
No easy fix. I'm sorry I can't be of more help remotely. If it was in person I would try to tinker. Maybe more positing in the salt water forums

mtcarlin

I think the issue is with the intake coming into the sump through a bulkhead. The first compartment feeds into the second over the top into a trickle so a top drop isn’t viable to dispearse the air. The sump is acrylic with some unused tabs, I haven’t been able to identify the model so it could be a portion of a larger, more complex system. Water parameters with a very heavy bio load are very good and constant.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom