5 Gallon Tank Air control valve question

rkeehn547

Hello, I just installed an air control valve for my air stone and I was wondering if the control valve is supposed to go before or after the check valve on the tubing. I installed my air control valve around a couple inches away from the pump and my check valve is a couple inches after the control valve. I’ve heard that you’re supposed to put the check valve before the control valve and I was wondering if it matters. Thank you

BruinAquatics

I honestly don't think it matters, but I have my control valve after the check valve (so closer to the tank).

Upvote 0

rkeehn547

I honestly don't think it matters, but I have my control valve after the check valve (so closer to the tank).
Okay thanks for the reply, my air stone and pump are doing completely fine so I don’t think it matters either. But one more question, when I completely close the control valve(no bubbles) it doesn’t seem like there is any way for the air to bleed out. Wouldn’t that damage the pump?

Upvote 0

sairving

Okay thanks for the reply, my air stone and pump are doing completely fine so I don’t think it matters either. But one more question, when I completely close the control valve(no bubbles) it doesn’t seem like there is any way for the air to bleed out. Wouldn’t that damage the pump?

The back pressure can cause the diaphragm on the pump to fail eventually. A bleed valve will help your pump last longer.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
TheBettaSushi
Replies
Views
Islandvic
  • Question
Replies
Views
Ivorybettas