Air Bubbler Units

1. sw2619 Initiate Member

Hi,
    My Name Is Scott and we have a 80 gallon tank built into our wall and we had only had a 80-100 gallon bubbler machine for about half a year and then it just quit working, i mean it still works but only if you bring the air stones to the top??? Does Anyone know why this might be. It was covered under warrenty but we dont have the reciet anymore???

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Sometimes the air stones wear out. Since you say it still works near the top of the water, is it possibly the actual air stone you are using instead of the machine?

P.S. Welcome to Fishlore! ;) ;)

3. sw2619 Initiate Member

Sorry,

I dont understand what about the machine/ air stone because i know that the airstone is working and i replaced all of the air tubing just to make sure that nothing was clogged but it still never worked. Should i go buy a new air pump??

4. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Maybe I misunderstood. If the air pump is not putting out any air, and the air stone is working okay with bubbles coming out of it, then I would simply get another air pump. Check them out on ebay for a more heavy duty model at a cheaper price. ;)

5. sw2619 Initiate Member

Ok thanks, i guess i will have to go get another one then

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Which is cheaper to replace- the airstones or the pump? I think I would replace the cheaper part first, then the other if that doesn't work. Just my thoughts.
    WELCOME TO FISHLORE!!!!! ;)
    Carol