Air Bubble In Newly Sealed Tank

Andrewtetra

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a question regarding my newly sealed fish tank because I noticed an air bubble inside the silicone. Is this something that I need to worry about? Do I have to re-seal it again? Thanks in advance for the answer. Thanks

Photos: provided

PS: this is my first time to do DIY and its ugly.

Attachments

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
That's a large bubble. It should be fine but.... if it were me, I would re do that piece of glass entirely. The only thing it costs is time, and the payoff is piece of mind.

Did you tape the area first? Another trick is to spray window cleaner on your finger before smearing it. Water works almost as well. Just be sure to completely clean it all before adding water if you use window cleaner.

Andrewtetra

Reaction score
No I did not taped the area thats why smears all over the tank. I will probably re-do the whole tank and will tape the area first. Thanks for your advice. Appreciate it.

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Andrewtetra said:
No I did not taped the area thats why smears all over the tank. I will probably re-do the whole tank and will tape the area first. Thanks for your advice. Appreciate it.
King of diy has a halfway decent video tutorial. He makes it look too easy though.

FishFish221

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It wouldn't really affect the aquarium, because it is mostly the layer of silicone in-between the two panes of glass that are holding the aquarium together. The inner layer of silicone may add a little more strength eliminate the possibility of any leaks, but not much on holding the aquarium together. If you do want to be safe, you can just re-silicone the aquarium.

Andrewtetra

Reaction score
I watched that video and thought it was so easy then its time for me to do it and dont know where to start. Hahaha

Wraithen

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Andrewtetra said:
I watched that video and thought it was so easy then its time for me to do it and dont know where to start. Hahaha
Follow what he does exactly and realize he is showing hours of work in minutes

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom