air and water temps

Discussion in 'Betta Breeding' started by broncosno1, Mar 25, 2010.

1. b

broncosno1 New Member Member

ok experts. need some opinions. this is a two part question. you will be quized and graded afterwards and this will count as 1/5 your total grade for the semester.lol. seriously. here goes.

ive read a lot in books and online about water temp for breeding bettas. ive come to find that water temp recommendations vary from 80 to 86 degrees farenheit.
    what is, if any, the magic number that you may have found to yeild best results of living offspring?

second

when the time come (5 to 6 weeks) that their labryinths develop or perhaps sooner. can you lower the temp in the tank just so as long as the air temp remains constant? i guess simply put, when is it safe to adjust water temp lower without harming fry. i find higher water temps tend to breed bacteria fungus algae whatever it may be a lot faster than the same scenario but with lower water temp

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

I kept/keep mine anywhere from 79/82 ..a degree or two because now and then I have to open a window behind my fry/breeding tank LOL (darn fireplaces) I wouldnt go over 83 max...they just dont need it warmer and warmer water has less oxygen :)

3. d

damprye Valued Member Member

I would say 80-82 is ideal from fryhood through to and including adulthood.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2010
  4. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

5. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

The magic # is 80..Although they can do well in temps as high as 86 believe it or not!

6. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

I keep my temp at 80 until the juvies are jarred which is usually around 10 weeks old...I keep all of my grow out tanks at 80..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice