Aiptasia? How do I get rid of it? How Do I

1. RaNdOm iLLuSiOn Initiate Member

I have a couple of aiptasias here and there and want to get rid of them without buying chemicals is there anyway? I've seen that lemon juice works is that true?

2. Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Lemon juice will work but you have to inject it & if you're not successful in killing it it'll release babies.
    The only other non chemical way I can think of to get rid of them is to get a true peppermint shrimp but even then there's no guarantee it'll eat them.

3. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

Butterfly fish (I have one but not reef safe - for most), Peppermint Shrimp and Berghia Nudibranch seem to be the only natural consumers of these. Since my Copperband Butterfly eats mine (I allow them to grow in my fowlr and fuge for him but keep a close eye) I never really researched it all that much. A product called Aiptasia X that I've been hearing mostly about over the years seems to be the one most people use as a product but I'm sure there are others. good luck

4. Jake98 Member Member

In the past I have had a peppermint shrimp and it wouldnt touch Aiptasia. Seems to depend on how much other food they can find in the tank. What I do if I ever see any more is boil some water than suck the water up into a syringe. Than I inject it right into the Aiptasia it seems to kill them pretty quickly.