Ahh! BN Pleco Sucking on Afr Knife

1. crazedACD Member Member

:eek:

Glanced over at my African Knife, he was hanging out in his hidey hole...something funny was on him, thought it was a leaf or something... ohh nope, it was my albino bristlenose pleco. He was definitely sucking on the knife's side. Uh-oh...pleco has enough to eat, drop a few catfish pellets every night, even saw him working on one last night. Best bet would be to remove him right? Darn it, I like the little guy but I like the knfe more! Knife is a big guy, silly thing just sat there taking it.

2. Jake the Fish Member Member

There is nothing wrong about it in my opinion. Your knife must like it.... Maybe he wanted a clean :confused:

3. harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

Actually, the pleco is sucking the slime coat off of the knife fish. I'd worry about that for sure.

Sorry Jessica, I think your best bet is to remove the pleco. I've been told that once they start doing this they won't stop... don't know if that's true though.

4. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Wow, I didn't know bn's did that, only cea's.
    I'd remove him also.

5. crazedACD Member Member

Thanks, that's just too bad. I didn't think they did that either...knife is pretty sedentary during the day, must have been too tasty to resist.

6. Slug Well Known Member Member

Yeah, not good at all. The knife could get really sick.

I'd remove the fish.