agressive tank

tankman2

Reaction score
i have a 35 gallon hexagon tank. i am planning to start an agressive one. do you think that a bala shark or tri color shark will work well in a tank like this? any other recomendations to put in this tank. thanks

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Just make sure that all the aggressive fish you'll have won't be too aggressive toward each other! You don't want any fish hurting each other, right?

Boxermom

Valued Member
Reaction score
You mean aside from the fact that a bala shark (also called a tri color shark - same fish) gets over a foot long, needs a 130 gallon tank and is pretty non-aggressive?

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Here are some nice aggressive fish for you to look at and their full adult size. No schooling fish are listed so you can feel free to have one of a kind here.

Giant Danio 4" or 10 cm
Red Tailed Black Shark 6" or 15 cm
Red-Finned Shark 6" or 15 cm
Ruby Shark 6" or 15 cm
Combtail (Belontia signata) 5" or 12.5 cm
Spotted Climbing Perch 6" or 15 cm
Ceylon Killifish (Aplocheilus dayi) 2 3/4" or 7 cm
Butterflyfish (Pantodon bucholzi) 4" or 10 cm

These are fish to look at and research. They do not all belong together. You wanted to know of other aggressive fish but I would think having a tank where all the fish are used to being the "top dog" so to speak is asking for a lot of dead fish as they are all going to battle to the death to be #1 in the tank and only the best willl survive. I hope you choose one aggressive fish to build your tank around and then get some that are no threat to him and have a peaceful well balanced tank where the fish are not in constant fear for their lives. Just my opinion, but I felt it had to be said.

Rose

btate617

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
bala sharks are big babys and shoul;d also be kept in schools of at least 3..........
Brian
heres a link.... not much here but will give you a little info

joshthefisherman

Valued Member
Reaction score
there is no way you could put a bala shark in a 36 especially adults they are also schooling and not to aggressive but i think a pair of blue ram chiclids would be the choice id make

Allie

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
I would only put small tropicals in a 35g hex...there isn't enough bottom space for too many cichlids species. You could have angelfish pair in there, but I found when I had my hex tank the same size my angelfish weren't happy with the lack of bottom space either.

Blub

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi!

Hex tanks can't hold as much fish as a normal tank. I'd get 8 Tiger barbs - that's it!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom