Aggressive texas cichlid

JVogel

hello, all fellow texas cichlid keepers,

Does anyone else have a texas cichlid that immediately trys to attack your hand when you clean the tank? Mine charges and bites my hand hahaha. Makes me concerned, as I am planning on introducing a female once quarentine is complete.

any thoughts???

Justthegirlnextdoor

JVogel said:
hello, all fellow texas cichlid keepers,

Does anyone else have a texas cichlid that immediately trys to attack your hand when you clean the tank? Mine charges and bites my hand hahaha. Makes me concerned, as I am planning on introducing a female once quarentine is complete.

any thoughts???
I had one that you couldn't even get near the tank it was so mean. Killed almost all it's other tank mates so I had to move him. I never introduced another fish because after seeing him rip at the floating bad(Female introduction) I knew it wouldn't work. If you do decide to get one, check how it reacts to the bag floating in the water, and then you will know what to expect.

JVogel

Justthegirlnextdoor said:
I had one that you couldn't even get near the tank it was so mean. Killed almost all it's other tank mates so I had to move him. I never introduced another fish because after seeing him rip at the floating bad(Female introduction) I knew it wouldn't work. If you do decide to get one, check how it reacts to the bag floating in the water, and then you will know what to expect.
yes absolutely. Luckily when I do go to introduce them, I have an acrylic tank divider that I will certainly use. What size tank did you keep yours in?

Top Bottom