Aggressive Tank Ideas!

1. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

Just curious about some ideas for a FW aggressor tank. Can be any size, large or small, and have anthing from 1 fish to a ton. Are there any real mean suckers out there? Looking for some interesting ideas to research. I had one:

*20G long - (nothing too crazy) 2 bumblebee/amazon puffers & 1 peacock eel. I like eels and puffers, the fiance won't even talk about getting an eel though.

What have you guys tried, have, or want to try? :;jaws

2. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

We were planning :
    55gal:
    6 kenyi (1m/5 f)
    6 bumblebee cichlids(1m/5f)

Changed our minds though.
    Also toyed with:
    90gal:
    1 oscar

3. luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

I'm planning on a 180 to 200. With one oscar a jack dedmpsey a clown knife and a pleco.

Also I saw a huge african cichlid tank and there pretty neat

4. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

:;ninI am in the midst of getting a 280 gallon tank put together. I will be transferring an Oscar, a Bonsai Kilin (or Balloon) Flowerhorn (now there is a mean sucker) and two blood parrot fish into it. I almost left out the Pleco. I am toying with the idea of putting in a couple more Blood Parrots in, but the Flowerhorn is so mean that I am afraid he would kill them. He is only tolerant of the tank pals he has now because they have been raised together. I have all sorts of ideas on how to move my fish around in the opened up tank, but that is another thread for another time. You want mean look into some Flowerhorns.

5. Zachary' Member Member

If You Have A Big Enough Tank I Would Go With One Of These Species:
    Red Terror (Festae)
    Jaguar Cichlid
    Midas

All Of These Species Are Very Agressive But Need Quite Alot Of Space :)

6. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Dovii. If you want a fish that wants to kill you, this is the one.

7. ryanr Moderator Moderator Member

I think I'd rather keep a Great White Shark :giggle:

8. CichlidSWAGA Well Known Member Member

Exodon tetras! A whole schoal of them

9. Fishgeek1225 Initiate Member

Seriously? I was going to say Dovii- you might be the male version of me. :)

Dovii are awesome!! Well if you like mean and bad.:)

10. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

You must be a fantastic person ;)

11. MJDuti Well Known Member Member

i like the bucktooth tetras! how aggressive do they actually get? what are some other small mean little guys (under 6")? I would assume pea puffers would be the smallest, but their cuteness negates some mean points.

12. Jeffcameron Member Member

If you're after something under 6" that is aggressive then a breeding pair of convicts or even red jewels get pretty nasty.