Aggressive Scooter Blenny

Deonfish
I had a male scooter blenny for a while so I decided to get him a friend. I added a female about 3 days ago first day he was all in her face flaring his dorsal at her. Second day it wasn't as bad but, now going on day 3 he's still flaring on certain boundaries. Why is this still going on. I know they are different sex because his dorsal is way bigger and its like a yellowish green and hers is so tiny looks like a little hat on her and more of a brown color not as flashy as the male.

Ernest Sacco
Deonfish said:
I had a male scooter blenny for a while so I decided to get him a friend. I added a female about 3 days ago first day he was all in her face flaring his dorsal at her. Second day it wasn't as bad but, now going on day 3 he's still flaring on certain boundaries. Why is this still going on. I know they are different sex because his dorsal is way bigger and its like a yellowish green and hers is so tiny looks like a little hat on her and more of a brown color not as flashy as the male.
How big is the tank....blennys can be very intolerant of cospecies residence in cramped environments

Deonfish
50 gallon

Ernest Sacco
Deonfish said:
50 gallon
Intersting....would you say the male seeks the female out and harasses her or is it more of random encounters....as long as he ismt getting violent I'd say leave them together with a careful eye

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom