Aggressive Sailfins

Mscharming

Hey guys, two of my male silver sailfin molly and a male guppy have been constantly harassing my full grown female gold dust molly. I have 1 female balloon molly too. I added 3 more female guppy, & 1 female Dalmatian molly (one died when I added them). It’s been about 2 weeks and the males still want nothing to do with the other females. Any other suggestions in solutions besides rehoming the aggressive males ? There’s plenty of places to hide idk what else to do!

BigManAquatics

We had a sailfin once that was a big time bully to our other mollies especially. He was also the biggest in the tank. We ended up rehoming him early on.

Upvote 0

emeraldking

Get them out of there or add more female mollies. One of both...

Upvote 0

Mscharming

We had a sailfin once that was a big time bully to our other mollies especially. He was also the biggest in the tank. We ended up rehoming him early on.
Ugh yeah he is HUGE, biggest in the tank and he does whatever he wants whenever he wants. I moved him into his own 5gallon tank a friend is taking him to add to his very large 75gallon so I’m happy he’ll have more females and more room to swim. I think he just got too big for my 40gal tank. I have 2 and the other one isn’t nearly as big or mean even though it’s also a male.
Get them out of there or add more female mollies. One of both...
So I did add more female mollies and still nothing, he just is the alpha male and largest in the tank so I separated him for now, nothing was helping. He is being relocated to a friends house who has tons of mollies and a huge tank. He will be much happier there, thank you for the advice

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Caterpie
  • Molly
Replies
Views
emeraldking
Replies
Views
jtjgg
  • Question