Aggressive Platy? Help!

PlatyLover4

So, 3 weeks ago, I got one female Golden Twinbar and one female Assorted Blue Wag platy. Now, all of a sudden, the Blue wag (Crystal) is being slightly aggressive to the golden Twinbar (Angel). Crystal chased her 3 times when Angel tried to approach her, and then they swam together! Now Crystal is chasing Angel again. They were in the same tank at the store, Angel is pregnant, and, whenever Reef and Ruby (the other 2 platies) approach Angel, she acts like they aren't there. She's only focused on Crystal. Also, all the females flashed today, but Angel did it the most. I'm confused. What should I do?

PurityNWhiteRoses

I'd let them be. That is normal behavior. As long as they aren't pecking at each other constantly and stressing each other out too much, I would just keep an eye on them in case it escalates. Do you have any males in the tank?

PlatyLover4

Ok, thank you! Crystal isn't stressing Angel out much, I have 1 male and 1 other female. It's almost like Angel pretty much constantly wants to play with Crystal, but sometimes Crystal wants her alone time so if Angel is near she chases her away.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • Dan1984
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Kevinthebreeder
  • ArthurTheAquarist
  • Platy
Replies
Views
Momgoose56