Aggressive Male Honey Gourami

bcsay720

Hello! My honey gourami pair reached maturity and have tried spawning! Their first batch happened 1.5 weeks ago (my male dropped all the eggs over the course of 12 hours), and my male had been eagerly awaiting another batch of eggs. Meaning that he's become a complete menace to my other fish.

The other fish are not stressed, since all of them swim at different levels, but my cories have gotten their fins nipped a few times when they dance toward the surface in my male's "territory." My female has also gotten her rear fin nipped a few times, too.

There are plenty of hiding places in the tank for the fish. Should I be worried about my male's behavior or just let the fish figure out how to deal with the new tank dynamic since they don't seem stressed about it?

Tank: 29 for
Stocking: 9 cories, 2 honey gouramis, 7 glowlight tetras, 1 ghost shrimp, 1 nerite

I added a picture of my male because he's gorgeous.

Attachments

• 20210810_171922.jpg
    20210810_171922.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 20

awilkinson871

I think it is just hormones. Let it play out but keep an eye to make sure she does not get hurt. If she gets torn up I would move him for a few days to settle down.

bcsay720

Thanks!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
bcsay720
Replies
Views
bcsay720
Replies
Views
Hellfishguy