Aggressive honey gourami?

WagglePets

Ok backstory, my honey gourami was in a 20 gal tall with other tropical fish around her same size. Now I changed that tank into a goldfish tank and now she’s in the 10 gal with ember tetras and a mystery snail but she keeps chasing the ember tetras I don’t think shes fast enough to do any damage its just the fact of it. I have no place to put her and it’s effecting the ember tetras cause there hiding way more. I have no place else to put her I have a goldfish tank then a 3.5 gallon betta tank. any suggestions?
I have 5 ember tetras btw

the tank is half filled cause I’m doing a water change
And she’s never acted like this inn the 20 gal
Oh and I have a 5 gallon cherry shrimp tank but I do not trust her in that haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 7

Noroomforshoe

Honey gourami do best in a school of 6 or more in a 20-gallon or larger tank. I believe that you fish is acting out because it is stressed. Change of tanks, tankmates, water condition, being handled by a giant, Not having any of your own species around to calm you down, it is all stressful. It might recover and calm down, but IDK? It has realized that those tiny endless are fun to chase, and with nothing better to do, none of its own kind, it may not let up, I'm sorry to say.

20 gallons is not large enough for a goldfish tank, goldfish are social and you should keep 2 or 3 minimum, but that will require a larger tank. I would return , rehome, or move them to a larger tank. Then put the honey in the 20 and add 6 more honies. Then try the betta in the ten with the endlers but keep the filter running in the 3 .5 gallon until you are sure that it works.

WagglePets

Honey gourami do best in a school of 6 or more in a 20-gallon or larger tank. I believe that you fish is acting out because it is stressed. Change of tanks, tankmates, water condition, being handled by a giant, Not having any of your own species around to calm you down, it is all stressful. It might recover and calm down, but IDK? It has realized that those tiny endless are fun to chase, and with nothing better to do, none of its own kind, it may not let up, I'm sorry to say.

20 gallons is not large enough for a goldfish tank, goldfish are social and you should keep 2 or 3 minimum, but that will require a larger tank. I would return , rehome, or move them to a larger tank. Then put the honey in the 20 and add 6 more honies. Then try the betta in the ten with the endlers but keep the filter running in the 3 .5 gallon until you are sure that it works.
Those are really good ideas! Do you think my goldfish could last till Christmas when I get a bigger tank or should I just do the gourami thing
cause I really want a goldfish tank so if I coupd just wait until Christmas you know

Noroomforshoe

How big are the goldfish, what type and how many? If you Keep up with water changes, If they are little young ones, yes probobly. But als consider a cheeper set up for them in a large bin.

WagglePets

How big are the goldfish, what type and how many? If you Keep up with water changes, If they are little young ones, yes probobly. But als consider a cheeper set up for them in a large bin.
its not a big goldfish I have 1 right now should I get 2 more tiny ones? And I’m doing at least 25% wc every day
Also should I rehome the honey gourami? sorry I’m just making sure I have everything worked out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 2

Noroomforshoe

It depends on how soon you can upgrade, 3 or 4 goldfish are going to need at least 50 gallons. I am afraid to give you a time frame on growth rate, it would be mostly a guess. because all they say is that goldfish can grow an inch a year, but young goldfish grow much faster. Cute fish though!

WagglePets

I am now very upset cause I grew very fond of my goldfish but I was just informed by my parents all I’m getting is a 29 gallon so now I need to make a hard decision and rehome Angela (my goldfish)...
Thank you for all your help <3
and I think she’s stunted cause I got her from Petsmart and they had her awhile

Noroomforshoe

You can probobly keep two goldfish in the 29. Also, I doubt that she is stunted.

WagglePets

ok hats good to hear!
That’s

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom