Aggressive fish and how I should introduce new ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamesofchaos83

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436859040.327605.jpg

These two have gotten use to each other but how do I introduce more

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436859345.472181.jpgas you can see I have some good ones lol

I'll put that filter piece back don't worry lol they keep knocking it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Your tank is way overstocked for a 60 gallon, I would not add anymore fish.

The red devil can grow up to 1 feet long and would need 125 gallons or more, the clown loaches also grow pretty big and they need to be in a school of 6+ and would need at least 150 gallons for this to even be possible. If your large pleco is a common pleco, it'll grow to be about 20" or so, also needs a large pond or a 180+ gallon tank.

OP
flamesofchaos83

flamesofchaos83

Reaction score
Texas is the biggest one at about 7inch thinking about removing some but I think that will make them fight like they were before I put the flower horn hybrids in. The biggest bully in the tank is the Mayan false red terror, but the flower horn keeps him in check.

I plan on upgrading to a 125 actually

Pleco is 9.5 inches

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Flower horns are too aggressive and should be kept in a separate tank. You do realize that your fish are probably not at full size yet, or probably have had their growth stunted by being in a 60 gallon.

OP
flamesofchaos83

flamesofchaos83

Reaction score
I'm always seeing very large plecos in smaller tanks at the fish store, which is probably a past owners mistake. Anyway I've gotten different opinions on it, thanks for yours. I'll end up removing a few before I can upgrade.

AquaticBrandon

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I don't think a 125 will be enough for all those fish. I would try to rehome a few, probably starting with the common pleco as these grow very large. Once they are pretty big, it can be hard to rehome them.

OP
flamesofchaos83

flamesofchaos83

Reaction score
I get the fish from an owner that has a 3 foot Arowana in a 250 gal tank should I not take his advice because he said they would be fine lol

He's been there for 30 years and claims to know what he's talking about

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
He's probably trying to sell you stuff and make money off you. That's what most LFS owners do anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom