Aggressive Female Guppy Help

1. MissHoney

MissHoney Initiate Member

Hey! I have an aggressive female guppy on my hands, I've had her with my female honey gourami for 2 months now and they have been getting along perfectly but these past couple days she has been chasing her, hitting her tail against her and nipping especially over food. I switched the plants around and added more hiding spaces to alleviate site lines, which have been helping the gourami get away quickly, but haven't been changing the aggression.

Some backstory my female guppy just dropped fry a couple weeks ago (not planned, I didn't know that female guppies were pretty much always pregnant when you buy them, but lesson learned). I know she is pregnant again because they are crazy and can have more fry even though there are no males.

I have a plan to move all the female guppies into there own tank when the fry are big enough to net out and identify but that's not going to be for a while. I just want to know if this aggression started because she is pregnant and she will get over it? She seems to be causing no damage so far, but I don't want that to escalate to damage if anyone has any suggestions or insight on why she is like this now until I can separate them that would be amazing!

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

She may not get over it, and it may not have to do with her being pregnant. Sometimes guppies can get pushy with more timid fish. I'd separate them sooner rather than later.