Aggressive Blod Parrot

Taryn_540

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hello, my blood parrot has suddenly started acting more aggressive lately. He has been in a new 30 gallon tank for about 3 weeks. He dug a little nest type area behind a mountain and today I came home and saw he had dug an entire area in front of the mountain all the way to the bottom of the tank! The past couple times I have done water changes he has pecked and nibbled at my hand which just tickles but it is unusual behavior. I tried moving the mountain because it was crooked and he wouldn't let me he just kept trying to get my hand out of the way. I thought maybe it was a female and was going to lay eggs but I'm not sure because this has been going on for a week or so. Any ideas? Thanks!

TexasDomer

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
He (or she) is claiming a territory. What other fish do you have in the tank? He/she may or may not attack them, depending on if he/she thinks they're a threat.

A 30 gal is too small for a permanent tank for a BP, by the way

Taryn_540

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
He (or she) is claiming a territory. What other fish do you have in the tank? He/she may or may not attack them, depending on if he/she thinks they're a threat.

A 30 gal is too small for a permanent tank for a BP, by the way
It is just the one fish right now, he used to be with another blood parrot and that one was aggressive towards him and he just accepted it. I just thought it was odd that he has suddenly become aggressive!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom